At Tuesday’s meeting, the Council continued its discussion of the Mayor’s recommended Citywide 2017-18 Budget, in addition to other topics.
- Discussed a potential audit of the City’s 911 Dispatch Bureau to identify if the department has sufficient staffing for prompt call response time;
- Discussed long-term needs for upgrading and replacing the City’s fleet of vehicles;
- Further discussed the proposed rate increase for sewer fees, including impact to projects and overall fund health if the increases are adjusted;
- Worked out preliminary details for upcoming town halls that will be held in the communities where the City’s two new homeless resource centers will be located (275 West High Avenue), (131 East 700 South). More information will be shared as it becomes available; and
- Will continue its budget deliberations and will hold another budget public hearing on Tuesday, June 6.
Watch video of the discussions from the Council’s budget discussions and hearings:
5-16-17 City Council Work Session
5-16-17 City Council Formal Meeting
5-23-17 City Council Work Session
5-23-17 City Council Formal Meeting
5-30-17 City Council Work Session
What's Happening Archives