At Tuesday’s meeting, Council Members who attended the National Conference on Ending Homelessness reported to their peers about the lessons they learned. Discussion included the Road Home’s positive reputation nationwide, the importance of housing for single women, and eliminating barriers to employment. The Council will continue to discuss affordable housing and homelessness, which are both Council Priorities for 2017.
During the Work Session, Council interviewed candidate Grant Alex Cragun (picture above) for the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) Board. Council later approved Cragun for a term ending March 31, 2019.
The Council also:
- Discussed adding two new uses to the City’s food Production regulations. The changes would allow commercial food preparation and artisan food production where restaurants and retail uses are allowed. The Council will hold a public hearing on this topic on August 29 and will likely consider action at a later date;
- discussed the Wasatch Choice 2050 Plan, which will include goals for regional transportation planning and expenditures along the Wasatch Front;
- scheduled several public hearings;
- appointed a number of people to City boards and commissions; and
- passed a resolution inviting the National League of Cities 2021 City Summit to SLC.
What's Happening Archives