Prior to Tuesday’s meeting, the Council and Mayor Biskupski announced the locations of four new homeless resource centers, which will be designed to provide comprehensive services for people experiencing homelessness. Resource centers will be located at:
- 653 East Simpson Avenue (approximately 2250 South)
- 275 West High Avenue (approximately 1500 South)
- 131 East 700 South
- 648 West 100 South
Public input on building design, safety for homeless people and nearby neighbors and integrating the buildings into the broader neighborhoods will be welcomed at a series of workshops. More information: www.slcgov.com/resource-centers
Also at Tuesday’s meeting, the Council:
- Decided to postpone action on a joint resolution with the Mayor recommending the four sites for homeless resource centers and outlining other details. The Council plans to vote on the resolution when the Mayor can be present. She was absent due to a family emergency.
- Thanked James Rogers for his leadership as chair during a significant year for the City,
- Adopted the Impact Fees Facilities Plan, which identifies new fee pricing and more. The new fees will go into effect in 90 days, per State code. The Council asked the Administration to work quickly on an addendum to infrastructure needs in the Northwest Quadrant.
- Adopted Budget Amendment No. 2 for Fiscal Year 2016-17, which included up to $480,000 to address emergency shelter needs during the winter,
- Held a number of public hearings, including a rezone request for property located near Trolley Square, and
- Adopted a number of zoning amendments.
What's Happening Archives